Hey ya!!! So I’m back in the Motherland! AKA the UK… and well this trip reminded me of why I love the UK… It was just insane from the moment I went to get on the plane in Saskatoon… for serious it’s just something else… 16 Hours on planes, 6 hours trying to get through London and the world’s most annoying and sweet people all mixed into a solid 36 hours… Here’s a quick recap of the first bit of our trip…
Soooo… I did have a video for this part but seeing as youtube and my internet are hating each other I cannot post it so here we go…
Picture this I’m sitting in the Saskatoon Airport at around 2:10, paitently waiting my flight to board when they kindly announce that the plane will not be arriving for another 20 minutes… so I get a Magazine and a Sudoko book, and wait paitienntly once again… 50 mins later they call me up to the front… tell me they are changing my flights… I’m now flying to Winnipeg then Toronto, then London… instead of Toronto then London… fun but whatever at least that means I get to leave Saskatoon…
It was at this point I met Liz, a lovely British Women from Blackpool, who was also getting the same run around as I was… He chatted breifly, joked about the hassle this is going to be and how people are waiting for us in London, blah blah blah… then we board the plane…
Now because of Said flight changes, I was no longer going to make my original flight in Toronto, where I was to meet Carolyn and we’d fly over together, but a later flight that was to leave at 11:15pm… which means Carolyn would be in England a total of 3 hours before me… all of which of course she would have to wait for me as she was staying with me… not the end of the world but hey, it was a pain…
So get to Winnipeg no issues… get to Toronto about 30 mins late which means me and Liz must now RUN across Toronto Airport and barely catch our flight!!! Thank god the plane was delayed another hour!!! (hahahaa, of course)… So me and liz had a nice meal together and enjoyed each other’s company… finally we boarded the plane to London, landed ahead of schedule, got right through customs and met with Carolyn!!! Heart!!!
Then in order to save time, I suggested we take the Heathrow Express instead of the Tube because it will save us 40 mins… well the train didn’t arrive for 30 mins!!! And then because ppl took so long getting off the damn train, the doors closed on Carolyn’s hand as she was getting her last bag of luggage on the train and the luggage ended up getting stranded on the platform…![]()
I jump into emergency m ode and contact the driver by pulling the switch that says this…>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Well Turns out that this was the emergency stop switch and that was a big no no, so after getting my ass chewed out buy the driver and some worker on the train they told us left behind luggage was not an emergency… but they would get it on the next train to us at Paddington…
Ps: Does this scream only pull in case of emergency to you???
Then, after all that, we get to London Victoria and the train is delayed about 30 minutes… then because of this delay they tell us about 20 minutes from our stop that they will not be stopping at Whitstable… so the phone calls go out and we manage a lift to back to Whitstable that ends in us literally begging for the driver to take us home because we are utterly spent! lol… just another day in paradise! hahaha
On the bright side! I’ve found a great little car that I’m going to buy here in a couple days!!! AND!!! OMG!!! I drove in England for the first time ever today!!! We rented a car to go house hunting for Carolyn in Norwich and I drove the entire way on the left side of the road and I’m happy to report! NO ACCIDENTS!!! Not even a ‘Opps! I pulled out onto the wrong side of the road!!!’ hahaha… Anywho! Life is moving and shakin out here already! Can’t wait till life really starts when I get back to work!!! fun fun fun!!! Talk to you then!
Life is to crazy, as crazy is to life…
- Dylan Laine
Oh and here is a picture of me driving for the first time in the UK!!! OMG it’s way easier than I thought too!!!
Also because I haven’t posted one of these in a long time here is another clip from another trip around the world!!!

2 comments:
Hahahaha pulling the emergency handle. That's so funny.
I can't believe your flight in Stoon was delayed, we could've BFF'd for another 30 minutes if it had said so on the board. Stupid AirCanada.
Anyway, I hope your place in Whitstable solved their bitch infestation problem.
lmao... this made me laugh so hard... BFF'd... lol
Post a Comment