I know it’s been a while since I’ve last posted something but I finally have something to say…
OMFG!!!
Ok, it’s no surprise to many that I’m in LOVE! with this story line on One Life to Live… It’s a story about these two guys named Kyle and Oliver… It’s this great story… even for a soap which is what I thought would be it’s down fall but it is such a great a true story and doesn’t feel overly like a soap… the emotions in it are raw and caught me off guard many times and brought me to tears because I’ve felt that way before…
It starts out as Kyle and Oliver were Frat Brothers in college but had never talked since college, they run into each to each other years later, Kyle is an out gay Med Student and Oliver is now a ‘Straight’ Cop… turns out that they had a thing in college but Oliver freaked out and left Kyle… declared he was straight and tried to move on… well Kyle shows up and Oliver starts trying to up the front but it goes down after some truly great events that are heart breaking and so very real and true…
Now it goes on from there and after a while they do end up together and I won’t ruin it for you if you ever intend on watching it but it is really fucking awesome for a soap… better than anything I’ve ever seen on TV before….
Anyway the point is yesterday the writers of the One Life to Live have decided to write the characters off the show… It’s sad because they were not this typical cliché of characters they were strong and smart, they actually loved each other… it was never a story about 2 guys together it was a story about love… It was great and I’m sad that it will be over… I wish it would go on forever but I’m sure that at some point it would reach that spot were it should have been over long before and I’m glad it will go out on a high note but it was a story that helped me through many issues I had about love… even after being out for 4 years it helped me see that I could find something more, that it really was possible because for the longest time I didn’t think I was capable of finding something more… Being gay is hyped a lot about being overtly sexual and that being in a gay relationship is generally just about sex and nothing else… it was nice to see something that wasn’t about sex but instead was about love… the characters actually never had sex until they had been together for over a month or 2 and they wanted to take their time because it was about them and nothing else… it was refreshing and just what I needed as well…
It’s funny but I think I’ve finally found something more…
Here is an interview with the 2 actors that played Kyle and Oliver that was done about 2 days before they found out they were being let go… it’s a nice interview and really shows how truly amazing these guys are.
Brett Claywell & Scott Evans Interview from Michael Fairman on Vimeo.
Parting is all we know of heaven and all we need to know of hell. ~Emily Dickinson
2 comments:
So the one dude is actually gay? Why/how are they being written off?
Yeah Scott Evans the guy on the right is actually gay... He plays Oliver... Not sure how they are being written off I don't want to spoil it I hope it's a good send off!!!
It has been said that the story line has run its planned course, so i choose to believe that rather than the anti-gay homophobic shit... plus it's better to go out on a high note... But it is sad! LOL! Is that Sad???!!!
Post a Comment