Saturday, 19 June 2010

Vacation Plans… The Long awaited post!!!

Soooo this summer hasn’t even started yet and already it seems like we are going to be busy as fuck. I’m actually really excited about it though… It will all start with a fun weekend trip to Disneyland in Paris!!! Gareth and I are taking Connor and Darien, Gareth’s Step-Son, for their first ever trip out of England (Not to mention Gareth’s)!!! Connor just got his first Passport in the post the other week and Darien got his just the other day!!! They are sooo excited about this trip it’s crazy… Connor already has the count down on and always asks how many more sleeps… Darien shows his excitement by asking questions about the trip… so far he seems most interested in the Ferry trip across the channel and is worried about getting sea sick… but I told him that once we get out onto the deck and watch England fade away in the background you quickly forget about getting sea sick and pure excitement kicks in… We head out to Disneyland on the 30th of July and we’re back around the 2nd of August. We actually ended up getting a stellar deal on the trip, which is why we jumped on it… Hotel, Passes for 4 days for 4, Breakfast and Return on the Ferry all for £800.00 with the current exchange rate that’s only $1200!!!

Next after that it’s off to Canada for the a nice 3 week vacation in good old Saskatchewan!!! hahaha…. I’m bringing Gareth home with me this summer to meet all my friends and family back home in Canada… he’s a bit nervous but he’ll be okay… This is kind of a big trip for him as he’s actually never really ever been out of England… He’s never been on a plane either!!! So his first flight while take him from London Heathrow to Ottawa, Ontario then to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan!!! We fly out on the 9th of August at 3pm and land in Saskatoon at 8pm on the 9th as well… Once we land in Saskie, I’ll be showing him the sights of Saskatoon, Outlook, Martensville, Regina, Spalding (I probably should so he can see a proper Saskatchewan village) and most likely a trip out to see Banff, Calgary and Edmonton… We are also working on a trip south to Montana and North Dakota to see a bit south of 60… hahaha…

I think I’m most excited to show him the mountains though… he’ll have never seen anything like them before and the Rockies are just awe-inspiring, they are something you never quite forget… And well I’m sure he’ll love Saskie… I mean who doesn’t… hahaha!

Anyways we leave to come back to the UK on the 30th of August most likely exhausted and beyond dead only to start work on the 3rd of September and back to the lovely posts assigned to us… Sooo like I said it should be a crazy and exciting summer of firsts!!! I can’t wait!!!

    Yours in writing,

              Dylan Laine

All life’s journey’s begin with a single step in the right direction.

 

2 comments:

twitch said...

People from England LOVE Saskatchewan. I have lots of relatives there, and quite a few years ago they came to visit, but flew into Calgary. So we went to pick them up and drive them back and they just couldn't get over all the empty space and how far apart everything was. It was hilarious! Of course the mountains are great too. I've been there dozens of times, and even last month while we were in Calgary and could see them in the distance, I got excited. They are just so beautiful. I would love to go back there soon.

Dylan Laine said...

i smell potential road trip this summer!!!