So today I booked my flight back to England!!!! That felt really weird considering it has been almost a year since I first left for England and the start of my new and exciting life, which turned out to be completely different from what I thought it should have been, but was 100 times better than anything I could have hoped for… Long story short, I’m going back and this time I’m even more excited if that’s possible… So much more to see and do… mountains to conquer and decimate, and many, MANY more good times yet to be had!
Even though this year is going to be tremendously different from last year I think it will only add to the excitement of the experience… new people and places to experience, adventures to be had and of course the many great stories to be re-told with the passion and enthusiasm that I so perfectly portray!!! hahahaha…
I entitled this post after a song by Garth Brooks by the same name… It’s a great song about how we often ask for things that we want, and that sometimes the best things come out of not having these ‘prayers’ answered. I remember listening to this song as a boy and thinking I understood what he meant. Now I think I do understand… this last year of my life didn’t work out the way I had wanted it too, things happened that I never thought would… for the good and the bad… I’m so grateful for that… Especially the bad… I have learned and grown so much this past year and struggled through it all and came out on the other side better than I went in… I have always believed that we are the sum of our experiences and I’m glad my life has played out the way it has… I’m glad it didn’t happen the way I wanted it to, I’m thankful for the struggles because if it would have been the perfect fairytale that I ‘wanted’ I wouldn’t be the person I am today…
I like the word Prayer, because it is for lack of a better word, a verbal articulation of a Want… and as a wise young philosopher has always believed and said…
Instead of praying for it, make it happen…
- Dylan Laine
It bothers me to no end, when people sit idly by and let their life happen to them, as if they are the victims of their own existence… People that spend time praying for things to change and get better, most times don’t do anything to make them get better… If you need to pray to give you the courage to make the change, then fine, that’s great, but don’t fall prey to the belief that your life is out of your hands, take control and own it… I could easily have quit this year and said this isn't what I WANTED… but I didn’t I took the unwanted and used it to make something even better, an experience…
Anyway!!! Fun stuff!!! hahaha I have another great video for you all this time… a heck you suffered through my rambling why not 2 of them!!! hahaha
Without further ado!!!
This is a Video taken in Trafalgar Square on Canada Day!!! It was crazy to see all the Canadians loving life in one place that day!!! a great taste of home!!!
Next on the docket, and quite possibly my most favourite video i’ve made, is from a day trip to France where we visited a chocolate factory… we went on a tour of the place… it was pretty cool, but I had an epiphany before the tour started… listen up see if you catch it! hahaha
And just in case you didn’t believe me…
Til Next time ya’ll!!! hahahaha



2 comments:
Amen! Haha. I hate when people are like "If it's meant to be, it will be."
That's bullshit. If you want it, go for it. Must not be very important to you if you're not willing to put any effort in to make it work. Don't leave it up to chance. No one is handing you things on a silver platter. You only get one go around, so grab what you want and hold on tight.
I know! It's just like fuck off! No one is gonna live your life for you and only you can shape it into what you 'want'! I'm sick off people making excises for themselves, and putting their actions off on someone else instead of owning them and taking some fucking responisbility for their own life and existence
Post a Comment