Saturday, 28 November 2009

Freedom…

I’ve never seen myself as a activist really, sure I get passionate about things that are important to me but I’ve never felt something moved me enough to actually protest for it… but lately Jesus FUCK! I’m starting to get really pissed off lately about so many injustices in this world… especially all this Gay rights crap!!!

If you haven’t already seen this video please watch it, then keep reading…

   I mean seriously!!!! I don’t get what the big fucking deal is… What is it that scares these people so much about Gay people getting married??? or adopting children??? or being alive fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!

The US army and possibly even others, have what they refer to as the don’t ask, don’t tell policy when it comes to Soldiers that they feel may or may not be gay… basically in the US army a soldier that is found to be homosexual, is by law supposed to be dismissed and removed of his or her rank… ???? REALLY!!!! This man is willing to give his life for his country when millions of other people are not and just because he’s gay and open about it, he’s deemed unworthy to fight for his country…. I’m sorry but that is the lowest and most degrading thing I’ve ever fucking heard!

Furthermore this train of thought extends to other countries where being a homosexual is punishable by death… Which is kind of crap considering it can cut into your travel plans… this isn’t just some right winged fuck ups that are gonna bash you for being a gay person, its the government! The people that are supposed to be educated and look out for their peoples best interests, and yet they decree that it’s okay to kill gays!!! I’m sorry but that is seriously fucked up!

I’ve heard the argument from some people that “well why would you want to go some place that they would feel that way about you??? Not everyone is gonna like you, you can’t expect that” True, but this isn’t about having people like me, it’s about being treated like a human being, that I’m actually something of worth, I’m a teacher for fuck sakes! I pay my taxes, I abide by the law (mostly), I do everything that society asks of me and yet it seems that society doesn’t give a flying fuck… Why should I not be allowed to go somewhere in this world just because of my sexual orientation??? They are putting people like me on the same level as a common criminal, like I’m an insect to be squashed because I’m sick and disgusting… I don’t think so!

If I remember correctly less than a 100 years ago women were not allowed to vote in North America because they were deemed to not have the brains capable of grasping concepts as complex as politics… African people were not allowed to enter into marriages with other Africans or Caucasian people… but funny how that’s changed now… People sit here and tell me that I make to big of a deal about this, but honestly I’m sure they are happy as fuck that 60 years ago people made a big deal about not being able to vote, or marry an African person, because now they have their rights affirmed.

And to the people that claim that marriage is a sacred union… fuck off… strangers go on reality shows to marry each other for money… and the divorce rate in North America is threw the roof… so don’t feed me that line… 

And further more back to the video, why is that a closeted gay man can go to war to protect his country and the rights of others, only to return to his country and be denied the rights and freedoms that he put his life on the line to protect… What a fucking Fag, eh?

Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.

                - Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms Section 15 (1)

5 comments:

twitch said...

Even though we allow gay marriage, if you read that section carefully, there is no mention of sexual orientation. We actually don't have it written into our charter of rights and freedoms directly. And despite this fact, we STILL allow gay rights. Yeah Canada!
I've never understood it, and I will never understand. I just hope it changes, because people are supposed to be getting smarter and MORE tolerant.

Dylan Laine said...

I know that's funny you mentioned that because I thought it did say that in the charter, but when i googled it I was actually kind of shocked to see that it didn't... and yet In Canada we are giving these rights and freedoms... maybe that's why the Americans are so afraid of us... it's not our health care it's our stance on gay marriage! LOL!

twitch said...

They don't want to catch our Socialism or our gayness. Their loss.

Dylan Laine said...

Well if you look at it that way we could say there is nothing in Canada except Socialists and Homo's... hahahaha

Dylan Laine said...

Ps... i didn't notice until recently that the title of this post was also the name of a George Michael's song... it would strain credulity at that!