Sunday, 20 December 2009

Baby, It’s Cold Outside…

It’s that time of year once again! The time of year when  you feel forced into spending obscene amounts of money on people that you love in order to show them that you love them… a weird logic but some people feel that is what Christmas is all about… I was one of them when I was younger but as I got older I understood Christmas to be so much more than giving and receiving, it was about spending time with Friends and Family… That is my favourite part about this time of year… I know I see so many of them everyday and it’s always great but just seeing them around Christmas when the snow is falling and life just feels sooo amazing I could die, just makes this time of year that much more amazing…

This year however, do to my financial situation I’ve had to cut back on my gift giving and cost of said gifts… which has forced me to be much more thoughtful in my gift giving abilities… Which I hope comes out when I give the precious gifts to the ones I love… This year me and my BFF decided that we would only spend $10 on each other for a gift this year (which in itself was a great thing, because we’ve never given gifts to each other at Christmas before). One day last week she gave me my gift and it was amazing… I literally almost cried I loved it so much…

She gave me a coffee cup in the picture… It says ‘BFF’!!!

It was the best gift I have ever received!!! Something I could take with me back to the UK and use everyday at work and have a little bit of her and home with me… Then this weekend I’m spending in Regina with another great friend just having fun and hanging out… not even spending money on each other this Christmas just spending the little time we have left together together, and having some good laughs… another great Christmas Gift!!!

In close, it has been the best Christmas ever, not because of the gifts but because of the ones I love… Thanks all of you for being the most amazing gift of all… The best part is I get to enjoy your gift every single day… You guys make my life!

     Happy Holidays!

                Dylan Laine

Life is all about the small things, because they never go out of style…

                                   - Dylan Laine

2 comments:

twitch said...

I've always been way more excited about giving people gifts than getting them. I pride myself on putting thought into people's gifts and my Christmas joy comes from watching people open gifts that they love.
I also enjoy spending time with family, having time off from school and work, and having the excuse to eat a bunch and get together and drink. I'm glad you love your gift so much, it's one of those situations where as soon as I saw it, I knew you had to have it. I'm excited about my little key chain, I brought it with me to work tonight, haha. Much love!

Dylan Laine said...

It really is the best feeling in the world... To quote Mariah Carey 'All I want for Christmas is yoooooooooooooooooooooouuu, Baby!'