Monday, 19 April 2010

Moving Forward…

Sometimes when we least expect things they tend come right up and bite us in the ass! hahaha… Like just a little over 2 months ago 2 life changing events happen to me… a both within 8 hours of each other… when it rains it pours I guess!!!

One night I’m out on my first whatever with this great guy, and it just feels so right, and it goes so well that even I’m blown away by this person sitting across the table from me. I never thought I would meet someone like him… someone that makes me feel like I’m literally the only person in the world that matters and he would become someone that makes me want to be so much better than I’ve ever been before, that I want to be the best possible version of myself for him… to be accountable to someone more than myself, to start a family, to become an adult… That night I knew I was staring at my future…

12 hours later, 2 of my ‘best’ friends both dropped the bomb on me that I was no longer a person they wanted in their lives… which in turn made me realize that I no longer wanted them in my lives…

Now 2 months and a bit later… I’ve trimmed the fat and I’m in love with this guy and ready to start the next part of our lives together, I love him… and we’ve decided to move in together, some may think it’s fast but it doesn’t feel that way… they say when you know it’s right you know, and i’ve never felt this way before about someone in my life… sure i love my friends and family with all my heart but this is different, i’ve never loved like this before… the way I feel about him almost borders some Hollywood cliche but at the same time is so much more than anything i’ve ever seen or experienced… he makes me beyond happy and gives me the things in life you can’t buy and few truly get to experience… He is the one I’d love to spend the rest of my life with… and I hope with every fiber of my being that I will be one of the few lucky ones that get to find the man of their dreams and live with him ever after… and no, not the Hollywood ‘Happily Ever After’ because that implies that everything works out perfectly and they live out the rest of their days in a peaceful existence… but the ever after that comes from loving each other and working hard to be honest and truthful with each other, respecting the other even if you think they are wrong, doing things you wouldn’t do because you know that it will make them happy and in return make you happy, and working through the crap that life throws at you together…

A wise friend of mine told me not to long ago that life and love is never going to be easy all the time and sometimes you have to fight like hell to get through the hard parts… and she is right, out of anything anyone has said to me that gave me the greatest strength, because I’ve handled all the crap life has thrown at me and I know we’ll be able to handle the crap love and life throws at us more than anything in the world we love each other and we will work through anything to get our ever after.

2 comments:

twitch said...

I'm so glad to see you're so happy. It seems to me like it's pretty lucky those two things happened at once, because your new love is an excellent distraction from losing two close friends. I'm sure that his addition to your life helped you deal with that loss, and that could not have worked out any more perfectly.
<3<3<3

Dylan Laine said...

I know right!!! I'm really lucky to have met G... he's a great guy... not without his issues and accessories but they make him that much better... and well as for the loss... well, i'm not that fused about it... can't you tell from the 2 sentences i posted hahaha lol! on to bigger and better things! <3