Something More
I guess you could say that my love life could be placed into 3 very important and distinct phases…
The Idealistic phase, where you want that perfect love, the one that makes you get out of bed in the morning and makes you believe that love does conquer all.
The Whore phase, the one we all come to love after we realize that true love is a myth concocted by the card companies, Hollywood and those hardcore breeders that can’t go a day without ‘The One’…
And then we start looking for Something More, the brilliant part about this stage… Yes, brilliant, having only been in this country a short while I’ve come to understand it’s just easier to talk the talk then to fight the fight because only those ridiculous enough to care about what it’s called where, are the ones that never seem to shut up about it and frankly who has the energy to care! Anyway where was I??? Oh yeah, Looking for something more… this is when we loss those ideals and expectations about love and just try to find something that works for us…
- Exert from R.Street’s Something More
2 comments:
"...and just try to find something that works for us… "
Truer words were never said. Once you realize that it's not going to be a fairy tale, but it doesn't have to be empty either, your life gets easier and more fulfilling.
Not everything worth having comes easy In my case, I always make sure that WE are compromising together, not one of us following the other through life. It's not easier that way, and it's not ideal, but it is real, and it does work. Plus there's less resentment down the line.
exactly... and now my book has some kind of direction, which it was seriously lacking before... I stayed up for like 4 hours writing last night... I think I want you to read it soon... it's mainly notes and what not but I want your opinion..
Post a Comment